- NELMA free school meals campaign for migrant children - Our friends at NELMA, North East London Migrant Action, are launching a new initiative to help families who are struggling with poverty and missing out on the free school meals safety net.
- Ireland announces immigration amnesty scheme - The Republic of Ireland announced plans for a new “regularisation scheme” to allow certain undocumented migrants to remain in the country legally. The amnesty will be open to anyone who came to Ireland as an international student between January 2005 and December 2010 and is now undocumented.
- Build Unions Not Borders! - The Labour Campaign for Free Movement are Labour members and supporters campaigning to defend and extend the free movement of people and migrants' rights. They are currently selling great t-shirts and tote bags with to raise money for their campaign, and are kindly donating half ...Read More
- Right to Remain is recruiting! - These Walls Must Fall is an initiative to build local campaigns to challenge the use of immigration detention in the UK. People are pushing the campaign through their community groups, voluntary organisations, charities, trade unions, activist groups, faith communities, student societies, sports clubs… the list keeps ...Read More
- “I guess that this is chosen to make people feel calm but not welcome.” - In the latest in the series, our Management Committee member Phill Wilcox writes about the worsening situation of legal aid in the immigration and asylum system, and how that impacts the sort of society we all live in.
- The Channel: voices from detention. Bristol, September 2018 - Step inside a phone booth to listen to voice messages from people in UK immigration detention centres. Send messages back and forth over 6 days. Meet others in Bristol who want to learn about detention and discuss how we can end it.
The accessible self-help and solidarity guide to understanding the asylum and immigration system in the UK, and taking action for the right to remain. An essential resource for anyone going through the legal system, or supporting others.